1.06.2011

personal: angie warren > a challenge

Given the quote shown in the image, Angie asked us what this quote felt like to us. Immediately I thought of an experience I had just Wednesday morning (the morning I snapped this photo)...

I wandered outside at sunrise yesterday. It was freezing and brilliant. I was so inspired by the chill and the lengthy ice crystals that clung to every single object in the world - in my world. There wasn’t a sound – only an incredible stillness as if something fantastic was waiting to be birthed. I could feel it. I loved the way my hair grew cold as I stood there, camera in hand, wrapped in my gigantic pink bathrobe (which makes me look 80, according to husband). I was compelled to capture this moment, this stillness, this serenity. My dad had always told me every day was a new beginning. My ever busy world was restful in this exact second. All was possible. All was new.


2 comments:

  1. goodness do i ever feel something from this image. i can taste the icy air and feel the warmth of your old lady robe (which i think sounds lovely!)

    so happy you participated!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! thanks angie. i have yet to find a robe that is flattering i guess lol.

    ReplyDelete